Coconuts grow on large palm trees known scientifically as Cocos nucifera. Despite the name, the coconut is botanically considered a fruit rather than a nut.
Coconut water is the juice found in the center of a young, green coconut [the fruit of Cocos nucifera]. It helps nourish the fruit.
As the coconut matures, some of the juice remains in liquid form while the rest ripens into the solid white flesh known as coconut meat (1Trusted Source).
Coconut water forms naturally in the fruit and contains 94% water and very little fat.
Coconut water is incredibly healthy and one of the best drinks to hydrate the body.
Besides helping to remove toxins from the body and aiding digestion, coconuts have amazing anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties that help to cure the disease.
Coconut water contains organic compounds possessing healthy growth promoting properties that have been known to help.
- Keep the body cool and at the proper temperature.
- Orally re-hydrate your body, it is an all natural isotonic beverage.
- Carry nutrients and oxygen to cells.
- Naturally, replenish your body’s fluids after exercising.
- Raise your metabolism.
- Promote weight loss.
- Boost your immune system. 8. Detoxify and fight viruses. 9. Cleanse your digestive tract. 10. Control of diabetes. 11. Aid your body in fighting viruses that cause the flu, herpes, and AIDS. 12. Balance your pH and reduce the risk of cancer. 13. Treat kidney and urethral stones. 14. Boost poor circulation.
- Coconut Water is more nutritious than whole milk – Less fat and no cholesterol.
- Coconut Water is healthier than orange juice – Much lower calories.
- Coconut Water is better than processed baby milk – It contains lauric acid, which is present in human mother’s milk.
- Coconut water is a universal donor. It is identical to human blood plasma.
- Coconut Water is a Natural Isotonic Beverage – The same level that we have in our blood.
- Coconut water contains more potassium (at about 294 mg) than most sports drinks (117 mg) and most energy drink.
- Coconut water has less sodium (25mg) where sports drinks have around 41mg and energy drinks have about 200 mg.
- Coconut water has 5mg of Natural Sugars where sports and energy drinks range from 10-25mg of Altered Sugars.
- Coconut water is very high in Chloride at 118mg, compared to sports drinks at about 39mg.